Hey _______, it’s Your Name calling? Do you have a quick second to talk? Have you ever heard of a book called How Rich People Think? It’s by a guy named Steve Siebold. It’s sold over a million copies, and its been featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, Fox, CNN, etc. The content is based on over 30 years of interviews that he conducted with self-made millionaires.
The reason I’m calling is that Steve's building a team to help educate people on how money works, and I thought you might be interested. I’m not sure if this would fit into what you’re doing, but I wanted to reach out to you just in case.
(Let him/her respond. What is the business? How does it work? What are you looking for? What would I be doing?)
If you’re open to it, I’ll send you a couple of short videos that will explain the details.
Ok, great. What’s your best email address?
In the meantime, you may want to Google Steve Siebold. His name is spelled
(after small talk) “I’ve started a business teaching people how money works: Ya know, Compound interest, Rule of 72, Tax Shelters, index floors, etc. My partners and I are building a team to promote financial literacy across the country, and I thought you might be interested. “Or, if you know anyone who may be interested. There’s quite a bit of money involved.”
Hey _____ this is (NAME), Check these videos out and let me know what you think.
(You might want to save these two videos on your cell phone.)
Another great video to send if they need more:
Hi Bob, this is Steve Siebold calling. I don't think we've met, but I'm also an engineer. Do you have a quick second to talk? Great. I'm working with a team of engineers that are teaching people how money works, and we wanted to see if it's something you might be interested in.
5 Step Process
1. Small talk, tell me about your background, and a little about your current line of work, your family, short term goals, long term goals, Do you own insurance now? Any retirement plans, real estate?
2. Use the 4 square explanation = Qualified Taxable Accounts / or you could use the information in swiss army knife video = Qualified Taxable Income
3. Explain the 3 goals we help people do
* Make more money
* Save more money
* Reduce Debt
4. Image This...Close with a little information about the IUL (risk free, grows tax free, withdraw tax free and you can borrow against it)
5. Here's what I'd like to do, I'll get some information and run some numbers for you to see how you can retire tax. I just need:
* Age, what's your birthday
* Are you pretty healthy, any major concerns?
* Are you a non-smoker?
* State you live in
* When would you like to retire? 66? 71? what's your number
* How much would you want to contribute monthly (looking for a dollar amount)
"We help people understand how money works through education"
"If you don't save money, it doesn't matter how much you make"
"Where do you keep your money?"
"Thank you for trusting me and having the courage to be transparent when it comes to your finances"
"Image this = Imagine there's a way where you could have all the benefits of all 4 places people keep their money without any of the downside." "If you were going to put money in a plan like this, what number would apply to you? $100, $500 or some other number"
"It's not so much about the product, it's about the plan"
"The IUL is a great foundation product"
"It sounds like you have your qualified taxable accounts already in place" (if they have a 401K and/or IRA, Real Estate, Mutual Funds, etc..
"Tell me what keeps you up at night? If something were to happen to you in the next few days, what would you be financially worried about?"